- 2011-01-01: New server
- memomo has moved to a new server and some minor updates have been installed.
- 2010-02-20: Updates
- We installed a new update to fix a number of bugs. Since we obviously missed a number of them despite our testing during the last update, please excuse all the new ones we probably build in this time.
- The site was down for almost a day after a massive burst of login attempts within a few seconds from a single IP address crashed the server. Unfortunately this went unnoticed until today, because the server actually kept running, thus escaping the monitor function used to prevent this scenario.
- 2009-06-21: Doubles in the trainer
- Due to an (old) bug words could appear twice in the trainer during the last few days, messing up statistics and the order in which words are asked. The doubles have been removed and anything should be back to normal now.
- 2009-06-21: Remaining bugs
- From our logs we see that some user are receiving error messages due to bugs we have not yet been able to reproduce. We are trying to fix these, but in the mean time ask for your patience and that you please inform us if you run into troubles anywhere.
- 2009-06-10: Updates
- The announced update is online and didn't cause any troubles during testing. But if you run into any problems anyway, please send a short description of the problem to email@example.com. The primary purpose of the update was to unify the German, English and French versions of the site, to improve maintainability and remove some bugs. For the English version this adds the word list to display all the words currently in the users trainer by their levels and the possibility to (temporarily or permanently) block words from the trainer.
- Probably during the night between June 9th and June 10th we will swap the base system on which memomo is running. Therefore the site will be unavailable for some hours and most likely no longer be working any more tomorrow. But don't worry, we make backups daily.
- We will make a number of changes in the system during the next few days. Please excuse any disruptions that might occur during this time.
- 2008-05-29: communication problems in June
- We switched our telephone and DSL provider and of course everything went downhill. So our office will be offline from 2008-05-30 to 2008-06-30. The web site memomo.net will continue to work, since the server is situated in a data center in Nürnberg. Only our phone lines will be dead and we will probably answer your mails even later than usual due to improvised net access.
- 2007-10-16: memomo.net unreachable due to maintenance
- Our service provider has informed us that due to works on the power infrastructure at their data center our server will be unreachable from 4:30AM to 7:00AM on 2007-10-17. To avoid any problems we will shut down the server around 4AM and restart it as soon as possible. [UPDATE: Server was inaccessible between 4:25AM and 5:35AM]
- 2007-08-13: deleted passwords
- Due to a mistake (aka stupidity) we accidently deleted all users passwords today at 06:40PM MEST. The passwords have been restored from the nightly backup, but unfortunately we could not restore the passwords of users that registered this day between 06:14AM and 05:21PM. If anyone has a problem to login, please contact us by mail, we'll try to resolve the problem asap.
- 2006-20-09: Server failure
- Due to reasons yet unkown the memomo server went down at 05:00 AM this morning and restarted incompletely at 07:00 AM. We didn't realize this till 8:30 PM, therefore the memomo website was unusable for most of the day. We are sorry for the inconvenience. [Update: it seems a power failure in the Hetzner data center shut down several thousand servers this morning.]
- 2006-08-11: 100,000 term queries in one week
- More showing-off: The last week (07/31-08/06) was the first one in which more than 100,000 vocabulary questions were answered.
- 2006-08-04: 3 million term queries
- A few moments ago the third millionth (3,000,014 to be exact) vocabulary question has been answered on memomo.net.
- 2006-02-21: Power failure
- Due to a power failure at the Hetzner data center the memomo website was unreachable between 14:10 and 17:25.
- After only 18 month the English site goes public. Please be aware that the people who set up this site are actually native speakers of German, French or Italian, but not English. So expect some surprises.
- First english version of the site. Still has more rough edges than smooth ones, which will hopefully change soon.
last changed 2011-01-11;
last revision 2010-02-20 ©